Due to the restrictions related to the spread of novel coronavirus, Estonian Embassy in Ankara and VFS Global visa centres in Turkey accept visa applications in exceptional cases only (see list of exceptions below). VFS Global accepts Schengen visa applications in selected visa centres only, for more information, please visit website of VFS Global.
As an exception, following categories of third country nationals can apply for a visa (current list is valid from 16 October):
* applicants who want to travel to Estonia because of employment (visa is applied on the basis of short term employment registration or on basis of the right to work in Estonia arising from law). NB! Exception is not applied to family members of applicants!
* applicants to want to travel to Estonia because of studies in Estonian educational institution. NB! Exception is not applied to family members of applicants!
* applicants who are directly involved in the transport of goods and raw materials, including the loading of goods or raw materials (i.e. truck-drivers);
* applicants who are providers of healthcare or other services necessary for dealing with an emergency;
* applicants who are directly involved in the international carriage of goods and passengers, including crew members serving an international means of transport and persons providing repair, warranty work or maintenance of the means of transport;
* applicants who serve travel groups and are directly involved in the provision of passenger transport services;
* applicants whose purpose of arrival in Estonia is related to ensuring the continuity of a vital service;
* applicants whose arrival in Estonia is related to work on the maintenance, repair, warranty or information and communication technology of the equipment of an enterprise operating in Estonia, if it is necessary to ensure the operation of the enterprise;
* applicants who need visa for immediate transit through the territory of Estonia for reaching their country of residence;
* applicants whose direct blood relative in the ascending or descending line or spouse is an Estonian citizen or a person holding an Estonian residence permit or right of residence;
* applicant who have received a special permit for entering the country.
Additionally residents of Australia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Rwanda, Thailand, Singapore, Uruguay and New Zealand can apply for any kind or type of visa. NB! Residents of Australia and Japan can apply for a visa is Estonian Embassy in Ankara only if they can prove that it is impossible to apply for a visa in the Estonian Embassy situated in the country of their residence.
Appointments for lodging a visa application as an exception can be acquired in Embassy’s electronic calendar broneering.mfa.ee, ground of exception must be mentioned in field of additional information. If ground for exception is not mentioned in the field for additional information, appointment will be deleted from our electronic calendar without prior notice.
As a rule application is lodged personally. As an exception the presence of the minor is not requested, if the minor does not have to give fingerprints. In this case presence of parent or guardian is sufficient.
Application can be lodged earliest 3 months before intended trip. Applicant with a valid multiple-entry Schengen visa can lodge an application maximum 4 weeks before end of the validity of his on her previous visa.
Documents of the application can be in Estonian, English or Turkish. Documents in other languages must be translated to Estonian, English or Turkish, translation must be done by sworn translator or certified by the Notary.
Please take notice that if you are lodging your application directly to the Embassy and you do not speak or understand either Estonian, English, Russian or Turkish, you must take with you an interpreter.
Schengen visa application is examined and decided within 15 days of the date of lodging the application. In individual cases that period may be extended to 30 days and exceptionally up to maximum 60 days. If an application is lodged through VFS Global visa application center, the time of examination may extend on the account of the time needed for transport of the application to the Embassy and returning passport to the visa application center.
More information about general rules of applying for the Schengen visa can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.