Estonian Embassy in Ankara has suspended accepting visa applications as of 17 March, 2020. Embassy will not accept neither short-term (Schengen) nor long-term (D-visa) visa applications. In selected visa centres of VFS Global Schengen visa applications which are in line with exceptions mentioned below can be lodged again starting from 29 July 2020. For more information, please visit website of VFS Global.
As an exception, application can be lodged in the Embassy in following cases (current list is valid from 6 July):
* applicants who want to travel to Estonia because of employment (visa is applied on the basis of short term employment registration) or because of studies in Estonian educational institution. NB! Exception is not applied to family members of applicants!
* applicants who are directly involved in the transport of goods and raw materials, including the loading of goods or raw materials (i.e. truck-drivers);
* applicants who are providers of healthcare or other services necessary for dealing with an emergency;
* applicants who are directly involved in the international carriage of goods and passengers, including crew members serving an international means of transport and persons providing repair, warranty work or maintenance of the means of transport;
* applicants who serve travel groups and are directly involved in the provision of passenger transport services;
* applicants whose purpose of arrival in Estonia is related to ensuring the continuity of a vital service;
* applicants whose arrival in Estonia is related to work on the maintenance, repair, warranty or information and communication technology of the equipment of an enterprise operating in Estonia, if it is necessary to ensure the operation of the enterprise;
* applicants who need visa for immediate transit through the territory of Estonia for reaching their country of residence;
* applicants whose direct blood relative in the ascending or descending line or spouse is an Estonian citizen or a person holding an Estonian residence permit or right of residence;
* applicant who have received a special permit for entering the country.
Appointments for lodging a visa application as an exception can be acquired in Embassy’s electronic calendar broneering.mfa.ee, ground of exception must be mentioned in field of additional information. If ground for exception is not mentioned in the field for additional information, appointment will be deleted from our electronic calendar without prior notice.
As a rule application is lodged personally. As an exception the presence of the minor is not requested, if the minor does not have to give fingerprints. In this case presence of parent or guardian is sufficient.
Applicant must give fingerprints when lodging an application. The following applicants are exempted from the requirement to give fingerprints:
Documents of the application can be in Estonian, English or Turkish. Documents in other languages must be translated to Estonia, English or Turkish, translation must be done by sworn translator or certified by the Notary.
Please take notice that if you are lodging your application to the Embassy and you do not speak or understand either Estonian, English, Russian or Turkish, you must take with you an interpreter.
D-visa application is examined and decided within 30 days of the date of lodging the application, usually Embassy can examine them and make a decision within 5 to 7 working days.
More information about general rules of applying for the D-visa can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.