All applicants must present:
- application form. Application form can be filled in Estonian, English or Turkish. Application form must be filled online, printed out and signed at the end of each page and at the end of the form;
- one color photograph with size 35×45 mm, no older than 6 months, show applicant looking directly to the camera, be taken with a plain light-colored background, without head covering, except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown. Please find additional information about requirements to the photo here. Photo must be glued to the application form;
- travel document. Travel document must include at least two free pages for visas, document must be valid at least three months after the end of the validity of the visa requested and on the day of the end of the validity of the requested visa passport should not be older that 10 years;
- travel medical insurance which guarantees payment of any costs related to his or her medical treatment due to his or her illness or injury during the validity of the visa, in the case of a multiple-stay visa until the expiry of the period of the first planned stay. As a rule, travel medical insurance must be valid for the whole period of requested visa. If applicant will be covered with Estonian health insurance (Haigekassa) after arrival to Estonia, travel medical insurance must cover only the period until Estonian health insurance (Haigekassa) insurance becomes valid. For example – if person applies visa for short-term employment, travel medical insurance must cover travel period and additionally first 14 days of working.
- documents about financial means. Presenting documents about financial means is obligatory, except if visa is applied for short-term employment.
Supporting documents according to the purpose of stay
- confirmation of the educational institution about admission of the applicant;
- exchange student presents also confirmation from local educational institution, where applicant studies;
- students participating in international program (i.e. Erasmus) present also confirmation from the local coordinator of the program.
- printout of the confirmation of the registration of the short-term employment.
- printout of the decision of the Startup Committee (you can read more about Startup Committee here).
Moving to close relative (visiting family or friends):
- document proving family relations (birth or marriage certificate);
- if applicant is an adult child who due to his or her health status or disability is unable to cope independently – documents proving his or her health status or disability.
Visa for teleworking (digital nomad visa)
- documents proving that the applicant’s work does not depend on location and he/she can use telecommunication technology for performing his/her duties as telework;
- documents proving that the applicant continues
- working for an employer registered in a foreign country with whom he/she has a contractual relationship or
- business activities for a company registered in a foreign country in which he/she has holdings or
- providing services mainly to customers whose place of business is in a foreign country and with whom he/she has a contractual relationship;
- documents proving the applicant’s legal income during six months before the submission of the application and showing the size, regularity and sources of the income. Currently the monthly income threshold is 3,504 euros;
- description of studies and job history (CV).
- The following documents can be used as a proof of facts mentioned in first two points above:
- a written explanation by the applicant regarding the intention to use the visa for teleworking;
- a written confirmation by the employer stating that it is possible for the applicant to perform their work duties in the form of teleworking;
- an employment contract or another contract under the law of obligations;
- a certificate issued by a competent authority of the applicant’s country of location in proof of the payment of state taxes, local taxes or social security contributions mandatory in the applicant’s country of location;
- a certificate issued by a competent authority of the company’s country of registered office, indicating the name, registered office and area of activity of the company, the applicant’s holdings in the company and details of the legal representatives of the company;
- a certificate issued by a competent authority of the company’s country of registered office in proof of the payment of state taxes, local taxes or social security contributions mandatory in the company’s country of registered office and on the absence of tax arrears;
- any other documents.NB! When applying for a digital nomad visa, it is necessary to provide a document confirming that the applicant or the company with which the applicant has an affiliation does not have a tax debt in the applicant’s country of residence or in the country of company registration.